Being a parent is absolutely awesome – it is the most rewarding and yet the hardest thing I’ve done in my 33 years so far. I can honestly say that although there are days when I feel like I am tearing my hair out and I question whether I have the naughtiest toddler in the UK I wouldn’t swap it for anything!
Here are five things I love about being a mum and a parent. I would love your feedback so if you have time to at the end of the post leave your favourite things to.
- Each day is full of precious moments and milestones that I treasure; this month Addison has started calling me her best friend which nearly had me in tears.
- I get to pass on knowledge; telling Addison all about the things we see on our nature walks and hearing her repeat them back to our family just shows you what little sponges kids are from an early age.
- Watching my dad enjoy being a grandparent; there’s something really heartwarming to see my dad and Addison together. He absolutely adores her and I love the fact she calls him “Poppop” and runs to him with open arms when she sees him.
- Being proud of her achievements and milestones; I love that feeling when Addison finally gets the hang of something we’ve been teaching her. It’s great to see that a combination of nurturing and independence is helping to create the world she is growing up in.
- Being silly & fooling around -I think this is the only time you can really act a little silly and not look crazy. Making up random games, singing, making silly faces and doing silly things all to please my little girl are just some of the things I love to do.