Eek, the first Monday in August and I have approximately 30 minutes until my mini superhero sidekick Roo returns from a play day at nanny’s – hopefully exhausted and ready for a bath and a story and then bed time. Thankfully that’s enough time to get my meal planning Monday post up for the week and hopefully inspire you all out there to join in with Mrs M’s Meal Planning Monday linky at the same time.
So here it goes. This week on the board we have:
- Monday – now a firm staple in our house featured at least once a week we have @GourmetMum’s chilli prawn spaghetti. It’s quick, it’s simple and it even tastes good the next day cold.
- Tuesday – a cheat with some gorgeous Higgidy Heidi Pie’s that Daddy E grabbed on reduced last week from Sainsbury’s for just 45p a pie! With some baby new potatoes and a green asparagus salad. Tuck in!
- Wednesday – I love this super quick nachos recipe. I do add in some pan fried green and red peppers before popping all in the over and it works really well with some pan fried chicken fillets too so that it makes a main meal. Garden side salad and ARRIBA!
- Thursday – terriyaki beef stirfry. You’ve only got to look at the ingredients list to see just how simple this meal is. Totally delicious, just serve with boiled rice with garden peas in it and a chopped up omelette for a family feast.
- Friday – my night off this week as I am indulging in a monster haddock and chips from the local chip shop. Slapped wrists mummy!
- Saturday – oven baked risotto is perfect on family Saturday’s as it cooks itself in 35 minutes and we all eat it so I save time in the kitchen.
- Sunday – traditional roast dinner at my mum’s. Perfect ending to the week
What’s on your meal planning Monday board for this week, and what recipes have you found on the web this week to inspire you?