P2 Games has announced the launch of Bob the Builder’s Playtime Fun for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, available in Apple’s App store now. This first game app for Bob the Builder offers preschoolers interactive early learning fun across a varied range of easy-to-play games and activities.
Bob the Builder’s Playtime Fun offers young builders six exciting new games with Bob and the machine team that play on the brand’s message of positive thinking, problem solving and teamwork. Throughout the app, Bob the Builder encourages kids as they navigate each game. The app also showcases a bonus sticker book where players collect virtual stickers of their favourite members of the Can-Do Crew throughout each game.
Playtime Fun is created with colourful artwork from Bob the Builder’s vibrant CGI world and features favourite characters including Muck, Scoop, Dizzy, and Bob himself. Games include “Clean the Can Do Crew” where children help Bob wash and hose down his muddy crew; and “Mix and Paint” where kids can mix paints together to create their own unique colours. The app also includes match, puzzles, and memory games.
- Clean the Can Do Crew – Can you clean it? Bob the Builder’s machine wash has broken down and needs fixing. Can you help wash and hose down his muddy crew?
- Mix and Paint – Can you mix it? Mix the colours together to create the perfect palette and paint your favourite characters.
- Who Is It? – How well do you know the Can Do Crew? Match the characters to their shadows.
- Picture Puzzle – Complete the puzzle by connecting the pieces to create scenes from the TV show.
- Memory Game – Remember the location of the character cards to match all the pairs.
- Plus special Sticker Book – collect stickers throughout the games to decorate a various Bob the Builder scenes within a sticker book.
Bob the Builder – Playtime Fun! is available for £1.99 from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch at www.itunes.com/appstore.
Visit P2 Games on facebook for all the latest app news and updates! http://www.facebook.com/p2games
We have several of the P2 Games on the iPad for Roo to play with, and have just downloaded this to have a look at. I will be interested to see if it has any variation on the other P2 character apps such as Peppa Pig’s Sports Day or whether it is more of the same games just using a different cartoon character. This is Bob the Builder’s first iPad app but not the first P2 Games app we have played with Roo.
With so many iPad apps for kids coming out now I think that developers are having to offer something different on their releases to entice and engage children whilst ultimately keeping them educational and centered towards learning and development.
A full review of Bob the Builder’s Playtime fun app will follow in the next week or so.